By 7 am, I have to drink my SlimFast. Well, because I start my days at 6 am, I feel like I am not functioning anymore. I need to find a routine to get into it.
So I have fallen off the bandwagon. I mean, I fell, and I tumbled for quite a while, but I am back up and running again.
But baby steps first. Hope you are doing well. 🙂
My sister and I started Nutrisystem. She had done it and lost 20 lbs so that I would give it a try. If it works, then I would like to stick with it during the year.
Some new things in my life
- I finished the hardest semester (academically, the senior project gives it some comp) of my major. So I should have time to update now
- I managed to lose weight over the semester (official after Christmas weigh-in was today)
- I found out what is causing my shoulder issues
- I quit Crossfit (see shoulder issues above)
Flop days, progress, fitness goals, and rewards
Flop days happen. It does not matter if you are cutting, bulking, training, or maintaining.
Yesterday was a flop day for me. I started with my usual breakfast (bulletproof coffee), and I weighed in 3.6 lbs lighter than last week. I am in a diet bet group at work, and our weigh-in day is Weds. I was feeling good. The day before I had gotten a few cans of tuna at grocery outlet, packed some spinach and took an avocado that was slightly ripe to work.
I got to work and realized I had chocolate.
So I had some of that.
I went to have lunch. Then I remember, I had 4 hours worth of meetings for a project I am on.
So I ran and got a sandwich.
As far as my diet goes, per usual, I have my ups and downs. Little slips here and there but I’m hanging on, and I don’t want to let go nor quit. I have to do this, and I need to do this.
The diet thing and I have never really gotten along much my whole life, but I have been making better and better food decisions more often than not.
All I know is that I’m going to try a little harder this summer and hopefully I can see better results at the end of the year.
I’m not giving up… not yet. I don’t want to give up.
I only hope in the process that I can figure out what will work for me and what won’t. My biggest fear is losing the weight, then putting it all back on. So it will be figuring how to splurge on tasty things I love without going berserk.
Weight loss takes time, patience, willpower, and lots of work.
Some days will be flops. To make up for it, I am doing the following. The key is not to let a flop day, turn into a flop week which turns into a flop month.
- eating a severe deficit today (high fat, high protein)
- revamping fitness goals
- revamping milestone rewards
So, now that I am back on the grind, I want to set rewards for myself for my summer/last few significant milestones.
- manicure/pedicure (CrossFit and active lifestyles do all sorts of gross things to your feet)
- buy a swimsuit
- pair of Nanos/ proper CrossFit shoes
- CrossFit jump rope (maybe done when I finally get double-under as well)
- full new makeup do-over
- professional photos
- full spa day/start making maintaining/gains diet to work on building muscle
- getting all my exercises this summer
- avoid the temptations
- don’t fall off the plan
- keep me busy and motivated
- eat all my meals each day at the right hour
My meals will be something like this:
- breakfast – strawberry smoothie
- mid Morning Snack – 2 scrambled egg whites with free veggies & oatmeal
- lunch – ground turkey with carrots & squash, rice, and peas
- mid Afternoon Snack – 1 oatmeal pancake
- dinner – same as lunch
I will try to drink around 2 liters of water. I’m not used to drinking more than 1 liter of water a day. This is going to be hard, but the “Water in fat out” phrase is going to keep me going on the drinking.
The critical thing is:
- you are not a dog, don’t reward yourself with food
- respect yourself
- there are no tricks, only hard work
I hope all you out there have a great day!